Environmental Integrity and Community Acceptance of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
There exists a diverse range of views held and expressed by a number of environmental non government organisations (ENGOs) on the role of CCS. The ENGO community represents an important and influential stakeholder in both the national policy development and international climate change negotiating processes. However, many have limited access to the resources required to participate and express their views. This session provides for ENGO experts (among others) to express a consolidated view on CCS as a mitigation tool, the capacity of countries to underpin projects with robust scientific, engineering and regulatory practices, and the lessons learned so far from both developing and developed countries.
Presenters for this event are:
- Claude Mandil (moderator) – former Executive Director of the International Energy Agency and member of the Global CCS Institute’s International Advisory Board
- David Hawkins – The Natural Resources Defense Council
- Camilla Svendsen Skriung - the Zero Emissions Resource Organisation
- Tore Amundsen, TCM Mongstad
- Brad Page, CEO - Global CCS Institute
This event will be held from 1:30PM-2:45PM in the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) Rooms - Diplomatic Club.