TEDxCanberraSalon 2013 - Ready for Tomorrow
The Global CCS Institute is pleased to partner with TEDxCanberraSalon 2013 – Ready For Tomorrow.
TEDxCanberra describes the theme:
Change is inevitable, and the pace of change seems to increase each day. How do we deal with this change, and how do we prepare ourselves as a society and as individuals for something that seems to affect every aspect of society – government, business, community and culture? TEDxCanberra presents a half-day Salon to look at what's coming – climate change, resilience, technology and culture.
The line-up comprises:
- Marcus Dawe, CEO of GreenMag Group and Mineral Carbonation International, talking about carbon capture and re-use
- Jahla Gato, a young philosopher, talking on how to reconcile major changes in society
- Will Grant from the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science (ANU), speaking about crowdfunding and energy innovation
- Mark Pesce, inventor, entrepreneur, writer, educator and broadcaster, talking about a world of connected devices
- Professor Tony Wong, CEO of the CRC for Water Sensitive Cities, discussing sustainable, water-aware cities
Note: The views expressed at this event are those of the presenters and should not be taken to be the views of the Global CCS Institute.