Global Status of CCS: 2013, Seoul
The Global CCS Institute is pleased to reveal the final agenda for the Global Status of CCS: 2013. The agenda features six panel sessions that will be relevant to Members within the Asia Pacific region, and around the world. Meeting content will be translated simultaneously into Korean, Japanese and Chinese.
- Tackling climate change and ensuring energy security – the role of CCS
- CCS in the Asian Century – insights and next steps
- Delivering collaboration to ensure the safe and effective deployment of CCS
- CCS technology – recent developments and opportunities
- CCS projects in action, and
- The case for equal policy treatment of CCS with other clean energy technology options.
Chair of the Institute’s International Advisory Panel Claude Mandil will chair the conference, welcoming speakers including:
- Professor Myles Allen, University of Oxford
- Peta Ashworth, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Philippe Benoit, International Energy Agency
- Jeff Chapman, Carbon Capture and Storage Association
- David Hawkins, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Dr Gao Ruimin, Yanchang Petroleum
- Tim Bertels, Shell
- Takaya Watanabe, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- Dick Wells, National CCS Council (Australia).
The Institute’s annual Global Status of CCS report will be launched on 10 October, Day 1 of the conference.
Places are still available for both the conference and site tours. Members can register online in order to guarantee their attendance and take advantage of extensive networking opportunities on offer. For enquiries, please contact the Institute’s Events Team.